Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Slip Arrives In Manila!


Oh I am so thrilled and I wish I could get to meet her personally...

Back in December 2006, I had written an article on Christine Gambito of Happy Slip fame. Even back then, I was already such a HUGE fan and when I discovered her videos on YouTube, grabe, naloka ako sa kakatawa! My all time favorites are her "Mixed Nuts" and the hilarious "Boypren" videos. I wrote her and asked if I could interview her for Global Pinoy in the Philippine Daily Inquirer and she agreed! In several subsequent email exchanges, I had told her that I wished she would be able to come one day and visit the Philippines to do shows. And now she is here as an ambassador for the Department of Tourism! A really perfect choice if you ask me.

Read my December 2006 Philippine Daily Inquirer interview (in Global Pinoy) with Christine Gambito here and view her latest thoughts on coming home -- quite a sentimental video that will make you teary-eyed. Welcome home Christine! Tunay ka pa ring Pinay :)

Watch this introductory Vlog by Christine --

No comments: