Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two Music Greats In Manila This Month

I'll be broke by the end of the month...

So excited to watch this...



Lea is luminous in this photoby Ronnie Salvacion which I borrowed from family friend, Girlie Rodis. Lea will be at the PICC on May 23 and 24 for "Lea, My Life On Stage" - a celebration of her thirty years in the entertainment industry.

And this...



My all-time favorite, Steve Tyrell (he of "The Way You Look Tonight" in "Father of the Bride") is coming to Manila for a one-night show, also at the PICC. Tyrell has been my writing, thinking, musing "companion" for many years now. Wonderful voice and even more wonderful rendition of standards. Haaaaay.

I know, I just said that there is so much sadness in the world but I need to de-stress and music has always done that for me. Listen to Steve here singing songs from my childhood days...

No comments: